Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LOVE


Valentines Day is just around the corner, and let me remind you how much I love to celebrate LOVE.  I feel so blessed to have my best friend, soul mate, my other half to celebrate with. 

Yesterday I got to talking with some co workers about their Valentines Day plans. There are a few girls that didn't have any plans because they have yet to find that special someone. Part of me felt sad for them, however you don't have to have your soul mate to celebrate LOVE....right?

 I know traditionally celebrations are suppose to be for couples, but WHY can't people celebrate love even if they don't have a significant other? There are SO many other people I love..... My family, friends, God, Jesus....why can't this day of LOVE be used to celebrate everyone that is special to us?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the chocolates, flowers, and all the cheesy gifts that comes along with this day, however it has become such a materialistic thing, and it shouldn't be that way. This Valentines Day I don't want to spend the money on silly gifts, but rather I want to spend TIME with the people I love. TIME is the most amazing gift in my opinion.....what do you think?

Jamie Leigh

3 Comments:

vintch said...

i totally agree. give me time over presents ANY DAY...because the thrill and glitter of gifts fades, but memories are forever!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Great reminder and awesome post, Jamie!!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

Great post! This is soo true!!! Just celebrate there there is love in the world!! :-) Yay!