Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday!

I wanted to start by thanking every one for the support and advice yesterday. I was definitely having a down day, but I am trying to turn that around! So lets start Thankful on a Thursday! I am thankful for many MANY things this week here they are :)

6. Jodell!  Jodell is my little sister, and she means the world to me. We have had such a special bond since she was born. She is has the biggest imagination, and I love nothing more than to play with her, and talk to her. She is such a sweet and special little girl, and I am thankful I was blessed with her as my little sister. Here is a pic of us!     


7. Oliver! Oliver is my kitty, well he is 1 year old now. He is the sweetest, most playful, and entertaining cat I have ever met. Most cats are pretty independent, but he is the best company you could ask for. It is funny how an animal can make you feel better, and put a smile on your face without talking! Here is is! So handsome :)


8. My parents!  They have been such an inspiration and so supportive to me. They have always been understanding, and I can share anything with them! They  have been involved  in my life no matter what, and have always looked out for what was best for me and my sisters. I cannot thank them enough for being such wonderful parents. Here's my parents and me!



9. People who rescue and take care of animals! Yesterday on Facebook I saw a group that was trying to legalized dog fighting. This literally made me sick to my stomach. It makes me so sad to hear about all the animals that need homes, or the ones who are abused. Just because they can't voice their opinion doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with love and respect. It is still a life, and should be cherished. A couple months ago, Sean and I rescued a stray cat that had horrible trauma to the side of his head from abuse. He ended up having to get a tooth pulled, and an eye removed. He is the sweetest cat, and it is so unfortunate he had to go through this, and he is only a year and a half. He is now living with my little sister and her dad! Here he is, happy and healthy as ever!


10. Music! Music is such an inspiration, and so encouraging.  Whenever I am having a bad day, or a hard week such as this week, I can always depend on music to lift my spirits. Here is a song I have been loving lately, I can relate to it so well!  It helps remind me that I will eventually get to where I want to be :)


Have a wonderful Thursday :)

Jamie Leigh
 

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

What great and wonderful things to be thankful for! You are such an amazing friend and person! Keep your head up, you are doing great!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

CUTE! A lot to be thankful for :) Your sister is sooooooooooo cute!!

Jenny said...

I LOVE needtobreathe and that song, one of my favorite bands. Wonderful list of things to be thankful of :)