Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time Managment

 Today is a blah day. Do you ever have one of those days where you have no motivation what so ever, you are tired beyond belief, and you just want to be home laying in bed? BLAH! Thats me today. One thing weighing heavy on my mind is time management. I have been really struggling with this lately.
 
I work on average 47 hours a week. I wake up at 4:30am every day. Taking this into consideration, when I am home I have barley any energy and just want to rest which usually ends up in me falling asleep very early. This is so unproductive, and wastes precious time away. On nights when I do have some motivation/energy I find myself cleaning, doing laundry, or finding something else to do around the house.. so here is the problem.
 
Four things you can't recover
-The stone after it's thrown
-The word after it's said
-The occasion after it's missed
-The time after it's gone
 
Each and every day is a blessing from God...tomorrow is never promised, and every second should be cherished.
 
So now I sit here and think...
 
Are the dishes more important than cuddling my husband?
 
Is that TV show too important to shut off during dinner so Sean and I can focus on eachother..and just eachother?
 
Is working my second job really worth that extra money every couple weeks when it takes precious time away from my family?
 
There are so many distractions in life whether it be the internet, smart phone, tv, or work, that take away from what is really important in life.
 
I can't wait to get off work today, and spend the night with Sean. He is the most important. Our relationship deserves us taking that time away from not so important things to spend together...tonight I plan on doing just that.
 



Jamie Leigh

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

I know this 100%! I was spending 11 hours a day away from home when I went back to work. Time is WAY more valuable than money!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

I missed your post yesterday... but your tree is PERFECT! :) Love it! I love this post also as it is sooooo important to cultivate our relationship with our hubbys!!! BLESS YOU FRIEND!!

Unknown said...

So sweet. I totally agree. If you can spend precious time with your husband, DO IT! Dishes can wait.

Your pictures are so cute by the way.

Megan said...

This is like straight from my heart!! My husband and I have both been working a lot lately and it's getting OLD!!

Emma Frances said...

I struggle with time management as well. Prioritizing is just sometimes so hard to do! You are definitely headed in the right direction though!! :]

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures! The first and last ones are my favorite! So cute!

I love your shirt in the last one!

I hope you'll check out my Michael Kors Giveaway! It ends tomorrow night!

Lauren

http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/